Wednesday 26 January 2011

Thank goodness for friends

For reasons that I don't want to dwell on, I have lost my laptop. If you would like to read why I have lost my laptop you can read Jeremy's blog. I would like to put an R rated warning here because Jeremy's language is a bit naughty.

http://northseaadventures.blogspot.com/2011/01/thieving-indo-bastards.html

Thankfully, a friend here in Balikpapan has lent me her spare laptop so that I don't feel completely cut off from the modern world. All I need to do now is work out how to get Skype working so that I can see eveyone across the miles. Thank you very much Fiona!

Also, thank you to the expat community here for all the goodwill and support over the last few days.

On saturday Mr Pickle and I went to the cinema for the first time here, to see Yogi Bear. It was a 3D showing and Mr Pickle wore his glasses for the whole time and only tried to escape once.

We were having a great day on Sunday, we went over to Liesbeth and Jos' house where Liesbeth and I made 6 curries with basmati rice while Jeremy and Jos entertained Mr Pickle with a trip to see helicopters,a walk around the BHC compound and a freindly game of football with some other expats. 

Anyway, I am going on a crazy bike ride tomorrow. There are quite a few new cyclists joining the ride with me tomorrow so I am not so worried about being the only one puffing away at the back of the pack!

In between looking after Mr Pickle and the daddy, cycling and cooking Indian banquets with Liesbeth, I have crocheted a chibi totoro and am in the process of making some play food for Mr Pickle out of felt.

I have also started crocheting a blue Totoro and found a pattern for a very cute cat called Amineko.

So, for now I am making do with 20th century technology to keep in touch with Nana Mac.

No comments:

Post a Comment