Thursday 7 October 2010

Have tickets will travel

All I need to do is print the e tickets out and we are set. Heathrow to Abu Dhabi (7 hours), Abu Dhabi to Jakarta (8 hours) and Jakarta to Balikpapan (2 hours).

On an email it looks very straight forward!

I will be writing Mr Pickle's Padington Bear style 'if found' information on his forearms in biro and praying to all the travel gods to let this be the simplest and uneventful journey in the history of the world. 

Today I have packed, weighed and repacked our cases about six times. I expect that this will be my main pastime for the next couple of days.

I roped my dad in to assist with the weighing of the aforementioned luggage with a scale purchased from ebay. It is actually a scale for weighing fish! You can imagine how hard it is to lift a 23 kilo suitcase with it when you are only 5 foot 3 inches tall.

He didn't really understand my concern with the weights until I explained that I needed to 'create' at least two kilos of space to fit my (technically not just mine) beloved Wii into the cases. I didn't explain that it cannot be packed yet as I am still attempting to get past World 2 and Mr Pickle would be very sad if he couldn't see 'little running man', as he calls Mario. Not that I have much time to play, which probably explains why I am still only in World 2!

It wasn't just a packing filled day, we also managed to have a lovely time at the playground with Alison, Zozzle and Jen, which was rounded off nicely with a swift hot chocolate (accompanied by smuggled in treats) in Costa. We then went for a very tasty scampi and chips with Nana and Bampa because time is too precious to spend it cooking.

I managed to purchase a genuine copy of Civ V for the Daddy and completely forgot to pick up my currency at the bank. Doh!

A job for the morning now. I am not expecting an early alarm call tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment