Wednesday 6 October 2010

Date of travel

We have our confirmed date of travel! Mr Pickle and I will be off to Borneo to join Daddy on the 11th October, arriving on the 12th.

With a combined baggage allowance of 46 kilos in the hold and 14 kilos in the cabin, I am currently attempting to squash our worldly belongings into two large cases, two tiny cases and a car seat bag. Having read the 'additional free items' list published by the airline I am wondering if I can convince the check in clerk that bunny-one-one is an umbrella and cubey is a gentleman's overcoat to gain a bit of extra baggage allowance.

I have come to the conclusion that all of my effects would fit into one tiny case and that Mr Pickle needs to undertake life laundry. I floated the idea of leaving lamby and one of the blankets behind for the cousins but that was met with a cold hard stare. It basically told me that if I so much as suggested this again I could forget potty training or any other co-operation with this latest venture of ours.

Hopefully the dinosaur duplo sets, purchased from ebay and now hidden in the cases, will buy me and the daddy brownie points upon arrival at our destination!

2 comments:

  1. How could you possibly contemplate leaving lamby behind? I share Oscar's outrage and contempt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outrage and contempt! Constantly thinking about weight and frankly lamby could stand to lose a few :D

    ReplyDelete